What’s New in Thrive: Updates to Youth
and Families Thrive
The Youth Thrive training was launched in 2014 and after many changes, is now in its third edition. The Families Thrive training was launched in 2017 and is in its third edition as well. It was designed to incorporate the material in Youth Thrive and Strengthening Families into a single curriculum that implements the protective and promotive factors from birth through young adulthood. This enables trainers to teach both Youth Thrive and Families Thrive based on the needs and interests of their communities.
This webinar will discuss updates made to the original Youth Thrive and Families Thrive trainings.
- Learn about the new fifth guiding premise focusing on implicit bias; this premise brings the total number of guiding premises to six
- Learn how social justice and racial equity are addressed throughout the curricula
- Explore the Families Thrive curriculum, highlighting how the framework addresses protective and promotive factors in early childhood and with caregivers
- Learn how Nebraska has aligned the Families Thrive curriculum with their statewide approach to engaging children, youth and families
- Explore additional activities offered in the Families Thrive Participant Manual that make the material more engaging for participants
- Learn about the newly launched Youth Thrive U, a network for trainers of Youth Thrive and Families Thrive
CYC Certification Competency Domain: Professionalism
Non editable automatic button