Families Thrive Virtual Course
Families Thrive brings together the latest research on child development, brain biology, and the impact of trauma on development to help young people, parents, caregivers, and professionals understand and respond to youth and their caretakers in ways that increase engagement and the likelihood of healthy developmental outcomes.
An integrated curriculum combining CSSP’s Strengthening Families™ and Youth Thrive™, Families Thrive devotes a module to each of the protective and promotive factors – knowledge of child development, social connections, cognitive & social/emotional competence, concrete supports in times of need, and resilience – and teaches practical techniques for applying the framework in programs, practices, and communities.
This training is offered as a virtual course scheduled for 3.5 hours each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between January 6 through February 19, 2021. Please
for the complete detailed class schedule.
What you will need:
- A laptop or desktop computer or large tablet. You will be looking at Zoom and Google documents at the same time for activities, so cell phones and small tablets won’t work well.
- Your computer needs to have a webcam (if possible), microphone, and speakers. Headset or earbuds can be helpful but are not required.
- Stable high-speed internet connection
- The ability to access Zoom and Google Drive. (Some businesses block employees’ access to shared folders, so please check with your IT person). We will send the links for Zoom once you register. The Google Drive links are given when you go into activities during the classes.
- The most up to date version of Zoom. Click here to download it onto your device ()
- A workspace large enough to accommodate the computer and your participant and training manuals.
- Comfortable chair and an environment that will allow you to focus
- Pencil/pen, paper and post-it notes for activities and note-taking. You will also have note-taking space in your participant manual.
CYC Certification Competency Domains:
Professionalism, Cultural & Human Diversity, Applied Human Development, Relationship & Communication, and Developmental Practice Methods
This course is available at Practitioner level and Training of Trainers Level. If you would like the Training of Trainers level, please register for Participant Level and we will bill you for the additional $400 for the Training of Trainers (additional materials and hours).
Non editable automatic button
35.5 Class Hours for Participant Level