Coaching Skills for Supervisors
Live 2 Hour Virtual Training
September 22, 2021
11:00 Pacific, 1:00 Central, 2:00 Eastern
Great leaders don’t create a lot of followers, they create more leaders. One of the primary responsibilities for supervisors and leaders is staff development which, in turn, helps to create retention of the more positive staff in the program. Having a management style of supervision, or micromanaging supervisees, is not at all conducive to developing and retaining your “best and brightest” people. The key to nurturing and developing quality staff is to focus on a “coaching style” of supervision and leadership. This highly interactive workshop will present strategies to enhance coaching skills as well as developing and practicing coaching conducive questions to help maximize growth for workers.
- Participants will reflect on and discuss their own supervisory styles and strengths.
- Participants will be able to articulate differences between managing and coaching.
- Participants will be able to articulate at least five benefits of including coaching in their supervisory practice.
- Participants will review and practice good active listening techniques.
- Participants will learn and practice at least ten questions that help elicit elaboration and better decision making in workers.
CYC Certification Competency Domain: Relationship and Communication
ACYCP Members (membership subject to verification): $15
Please contact Michael Mitchell or the CYC Office to get the discount code. We will respond within 48 hours.
2 Class Hours