This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in the lives of youth struggling with emotional and/or behavior challenges. Harmony Hill School seeks youth care (assistant) counselors to work with youth in our residential mental health program.
Counselors assist youth in the completion of a variety of functional activities; helping them to solve problems and make healthy choices. Essential Duties:
· Our youth care counselors work directly with our youth providing behavior management, accountability, teaching problem solving skills and acting as a mentor.
· Youth care counselors also guide youth in their interactions, utilizing principles of the Recovery Model and the Enrichment program.
· Maintain a therapeutic environment by: supervising youth, ensuring and promoting a safe and positive environment effectively caring for, supervising, counseling, and managing crises and emergencies.
· Counselors demonstrate therapeutic treatment techniques, and use crisis intervention techniques effectively, and counseling/teaching e.g., in life skills
· Observe and promptly respond to behavioral issues, adhere to safety standards and encourage healthy living habits, listen and problem solve to provide a safe, secure, and positive environment for each resident.
· Enforce daily program schedule, and ensure treatment plans are effectively implemented as directed.
· Documentation of resident’s daily behavior
· Teach youth desirable health and personal habits and Teach / model for residents Independent Living Skills (i.e. housekeeping, cooking).
· Must be able to interact well with others in a team environment, understanding and following rules and directions from supervisor.
· Experience in mental health field desired.
· Must be able to pass our physical intervention –Safety Care training.
· Must be at least 18 years of age with High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or actively pursuing your degree is preferred.
· All candidates must clear Rhode Island state as well as federal background checks.
· Must have a valid, non-suspended, non-expired driver license and a good driving record.
All training is available on site. Join our team today!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
· $2,000.00 Sign-on bonus- Paid at select intervals throughout the youth care worker’s first year of employment.
· Receive a monthly stipend in addition to your regular pay of up to $694/ month for each month the youth care employee works up to 06/30/2023. The monthly stipend amount will vary depending upon how many hours the employee works each month.
· Tufts Health Insurance. HHS pays 75% of the cost for full-time employees.
· Delta Dental Insurance.
· Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee.
· Tuition reimbursement for relevant course work available after 6-months of employment.
· Generous time off. Earn the equivalent of up to 28 days. More than 5 weeks of time off during your first year.
· Plus 11 paid holidays per year.
· 403 (b) Retirement Savings plan.
· Voluntary benefits including; Aflac Insurance, ID Shield, and Additional Life Insurance.
· Employee Discount program through TicketsatWork©.
· Employee Referral Program. Earn $350 for referring a hired Youth Care Employee.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.50 - $21.50 per hour